What is your shipping policy?
Because we care about our puppies, we do not ship them commercially. However, you're always welcome to pick up your pup and take them on the airplane with you, or we can recommend some people to transport your pup to you either via ground and/or air (flight nanny.)
What is your pricing?
Our prices depend on the size, sex, markings and overall uniqueness of the puppies. Please contact us for more information. If you'd like to reserve a puppy, there's a $200 non-refundable fee that will be discounted from the price. Please understand that without a reservation we cannot guarantee your chosen puppy.
Can we visit your farm to choose a puppy?
Please do! Contact us to set up a time and we'd love to help you pick the right puppy for you. We only ask that for the safety of our puppies, you do not visit us within 24 hours of visiting other puppies to protect them from transmittable diseases. Please wear different shoes than what you wore around other pups. We also ask that you plan your visit no more than 30 minutes. This is also for the protection of our puppies who tire easily. We do try to accommodate everyone, so we sometimes have multiple parties visiting within a few hours. Keeping your scheduled time helps us greatly by allowing our pups to get some downtime in-between visits. When you are here, we will show you the puppy or puppies we agreed upon prior to your appointment only. Also, if you'd like to see the parents, you will need to check with us before your appointment as well. If you have other pets, please leave them home when you come to visit us. We cannot allow any other animals where are puppies roam, also for health and safety reasons.
Can I get on your contact list for future puppies?
Absolutely! Contact us by filling out our form (click on the "Get in touch" button on any page in the upper right-hand corner), and we'll let you know when we're expecting a litter.
What kind of health care do you offer?
By the time they're ready to go home with you, our puppies have been dewormed and received their first shots. They have also been checked by a veterinarian.
Do you offer a health guarantee? What is your refund policy?
We offer a 14-day health and a 2-year heredity guarantee for our puppies. Let me elaborate...If within 14 days of the date of purchase you believe the dog to be sick, you agree to return it to us, with a letter from an examining licensed veterinarian, and then we will either refund the purchase price, return your dog to you in well condition, or exchange the dog for another dog of equal value. We will not pay, nor reimburse the veterinary bills. If within 2 years a serious, life-threatening, hereditary problem should develop, we will offer a replacement puppy back to you or half of the original purchase price. We assume no responsibility for this puppy after leaving the premises; medical expenses, landlord disapproval, disagreement of family, or for any other reason than stated. If for any reason you must find a new home for your puppy, you agree to notify us. Puppy is to be spayed/neutered at the age of 6 months. The puppy will need additional vaccinations, de-wormings, and possible other normal medications.
What is included with the purchase of the puppy?
When you come to bring your puppy home, you will not only receive your new best friend current on vaccinations, dewormings, and vet health checks, but you will also receive our puppy starter package that will ensure that you get a good start on your relationship. I tend to change it up a bit each time, so please don't hold this against me, but I'll tell you what we currently have in our package... We include a Puppy Guide booklet full of tips for new owners, an exercise booklet that'll explain to you what your puppy is capable of handling, your dog's health record, collar and leash, some tried-and-true toys with familiar scents (mom and littermates), and finally some puppy food and water they're used to, so they can have a gradual transition (minimizes digestive upsets.) You also have us as a resource and help with anything related to your new companion.
What form of payment do you accept?
We accept cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Metal) through MetalPay (ask about our discount with this method of payment at the time of your purchase), checks (for reservations, or max. 50% of the remaining purchase price), credit cards, PayPal, or Venmo transfer. If there's a fee for a particular type of payment, we'll add that fee to the purchase price of the puppy. Credit card purchases will have an additional fee of 2.7%. For PayPal transactions, there'll be a possible additional 2.9% charge (depending on how your PayPal account is set up) to the price of the puppy. You will not be able to purchase the puppy through our website.
What Supplies do you recommend?
While we do provide a puppy starter package, below is a list of supplies that are recommended for when you take your new puppy home. Most of these products can be purchased online on amazon.com or chewy.com. I do keep updating this list as I find new things worth sharing, so do scroll through to the bottom as it's in no way in order of importance.
1. These are the different types of food we've fed our puppies in the past. Ask us about the food we are feeding your puppy, so you can keep them on the same food for at least in the beginning to minimize stress. I recommend you buy at least one bag of the same food your puppy is used to, then you can gradually transition them to your chosen food. Make sure that you use good quality food that is recommended for puppies. On each bag, you should find feeding guidelines for certain ages and weights. I'd recommend you allowing them access to "free food" for the first couple of weeks since that is what they're used to. After that, you could give them food 4X/day (so 1/4 of the recommended daily amount on the bag each time) up until they're 3 months old, then 3X/day until they're 6 months old. After that, they could eat 2X/day.
(a) Orijen puppy dry dog food- We feed this brand of puppy food for several reasons. The puppies love the flavor and the kibbles are a small size. This brand also has built-in probiotics, and it is one of the best quality foods out there. You can buy this food at Petco or order online. We recommend all of our new puppy owners to buy at least one bag because it'll ease the transition of the puppy and provide superior nutrition for them during the stressful time of getting used to their new people and home.
(b) Purina Pro-Plan Sport- This is an all-life stages dog food that you can feed not only for puppies but for adult dogs as well. Tractor Supply sells this food.
(c) Victor Hi-Pro Plus- Also an all-life stages dog food. You can buy it locally from Murdoch's, or order from chewy.com.
2. Zesty Paws probiotics- We recommend daily probiotics and have found this to be one of the better brands on the market. The tablets are soft chews which are nice because if the puppy does not want to eat them, they can be crumbled up easily and placed on top of their food.
3. Blue Buffalo soft treats- These treats are great for training because they are soft, easy to chew and tasty. They are on the larger side, so we recommend breaking them into pea-sized treats.
4. Dog crate- We recommend a wire crate for ventilation and portability. They're usually foldable and easy to clean. Puppies also tend to chew on plastic crates (ask me how I know!) To make it more den-like for your pup (also to keep out draft) you could cover part of it with a blanket.
5. Puppy playpen- Playpens are great for containing your new puppy when you are unable to watch them. The 36-inch height is ideal because puppies can climb over a playpen that is 24 inches tall. I recommend putting the pup's crate inside a pen as well, and leaving the crate door open, at least initially.
6. Kong toy- The Kong toy is a classic toy that puppies enjoy.
7. Adjustable collar- Puppies grow quickly. These collars are great because they are easy to adjust as the puppy grows.
8. Canned pumpkin- This is one of our favorite pantry staples. This all-natural plant is fantastic for upset stomachs. We recommend giving canned pumpkin as a daily supplement.
9. Rope toy- This toy is great for teething puppies.
10. Leash- This leash is the perfect length. It is heavier which is great for leash training because the puppy can get used to the weight.
11. Slip leash- This is the type of leash that Cesar Millan uses. This leash is ideal for leash training because it tightens with resistance and loosens when the pressure is released.
12. Dental bones- Pet dental hygiene extremely important. These chews help to remove harmful plaques.
13. Canned food- While we do not recommend feeding canned food all of the time, we do recommend having some on hand when you bring your new puppy home. Puppies can lose their appetite when going to new environments. Adding some canned food to their dry food helps stimulate their appetite.
14. Cesar Millan Puppy training book- This book is a great guide to training a new puppy.
15. Puppy training DVD- This training DVD is a great way for the whole family to begin the process of training.
16. The art of raising a puppy (book)- The Monks are some of the best-known trainers in the world. This book contains so much helpful information. This book comes in an audio version as well.
17. Canvas tote bag- These bags are fantastic for carrying young puppies around. This is a great way to take puppies into high traffic (i.e. vets, pet stores) pet areas where they can easily be exposed to illnesses. These bags help to keep your new puppy safe.
18. Dog vitamins- We highly recommend a daily multivitamin. NuVet has wonderful products and are FDA inspected. This is a great supplement to help your new puppies immune system stay strong! The powder formula is great because it can be sprinkled onto food. Please enter the code: 73456.
19. Pee pads- These are handy to have for car rides, or in the pup's pen (just outside their crate) to set them up for success and the new owners for less frustration.
20. Food and water bowls- These stone dishes are eco-friendly.
21. Dog bed- This dog bed is soft, supportive and comfortable. Puppies like the sides because it makes them feel comfortable.
22. Doggie bags- This is great for traveling and when in high pet areas where pet waste disposal is necessary.
23. Nylabones- They are one of the safest dog toys on the market. Puppies generally love them.
24. Shampoo- Oatmeal shampoo is gentle and safe for puppies' skin.
25. Conditioner- Oatmeal conditioner is gentle and safe for a puppies' skin. Conditioner is helpful for keeping the doodle coat detangled and soft.
26. Brush- We recommend this brush because it detangles the doodle coat easily without pulling the hair as much.
27. ID tags- Having identification is critical for safety.
28. Snuggle puppy- This softy stuffed puppy has a battery-operated heartbeat. This helps puppies adjust to their new environment by making them feel like they are not alone in the crate.
29. Soft plush toy- Puppies love to carry these types of toys around.
30. Tick prevention- Tick prevention is critical. Lyme disease can be deadly to dogs with lifelong lasting effects. It can be hard to diagnose, and ticks can be easily missed on the puppy. The Seresto tick collar is one of the best products for tick prevention. It is safe and effective.
31. K9-Advantix- This is a topical tick prevention. This brand works well is easy to apply topically on a dog's skin monthly. Some people prefer this over a flea collar.
32. Ear cleaner- Doodles can have residue buildup in their ear canals. Regular ear cleaning is recommended.
33. Wi-fi indoor smart home camera with night vision- These cameras are great (and very affordable) to keep an eye on your pup while you're not around. You can monitor them from your phone wherever you are, and can even grant access to multiple people to do the same. It has night vision, so your puppy is always visible to you. You can even talk to them from afar to calm them down with your voice.
34. Plant Therapy essential oils for animals- This is a great company with safe, yet affordable essential oils, and recently they've come out with this line for animals. If you don't know much about essential oils, they're a great resource to learn from as well. Their customer service and rewards program is awesome. You can ask me for a code to get $10 off your first purchase.
35. Doc Roy's Forti Cal- A nutritional supplement for puppies that need to gain weight, picky eaters, and for any other time a dog may need some added nutrition. The puppies love the taste, so it's also a great way to mix in medications that do not taste good on their own. We recommend the liquid or the gel for young pups.
36. When Pigs Fly- This book is written by the founder of the Puppy Culture program we raise our pups with and is an excellent resource to continue raising your pup with the same philosophy we started them on.